Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Am I selfish?

If I have to ask that question, then I must be ?  Here is my list of things I want...
1.  I want Coach Burns to be well, to have days without pain, without panic, without swelling and inflammation, and doubts as to whether he is the man he wants/use to be.

2.  I want Coach Burns to be happy -smiling and laughing - doing the things he loves the most - coaching football and playing with his bulldogs.

3.  I want Coach Burns to succeed as the spiritual leader of household. Satan continually attacks those who are weak (physically due to illness) and makes them think that they are worthless.

4. I want Coach Burns to enjoy his life down here - to feel like going on vacation, nights out, fellowships, and all the little things that most of us take for granted.

If wanting these things makes me selfish - then I know that I am.  For years now, we have been plagued with illnesses which leads to disappointment, job loss, emotional barriers, tough times and here are again right in the midst of the same issues.

Some days I feel like just giving up....Then I am reminded that trial and tribulations produce endurance, endurance develops strength of character and character enhances our hope of salvation and this hope will not disappoint....

 "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

Lord, forgive my selfishness and strengthen me in this trial.  Forgive my wavering belief. Give rest to my weary soul and heal my man.  In all thing, your will be done and your love, grace and mercy will be sufficient for me.  Praise the name the of Jesus....Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment