Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Faith

As the song lyrics remind me...."There are things about tomorrow  (and today) that I do not understand but I know who holds tomorrow (and today) and I know who holds my hand!" 

Last night at bible study, I was reminded once again that God will deliver me(us) and I must keep the faith - even when I am torn, hurt, weary, broken, angry and just plain sad.... I must keep the faith....I must keep the faith.  My heart knows this - my head is the problem - Satan tries so hard to convince my head that my heart is wrong....

But the Lord will prevail.... to quote a section of the bible study from last night that truly inspired me and really helped - perhaps it will help you also!

"My inability to change my circumstances matters not one little whit.  I don't care how long it will be before deliverance comes.  It doesn't matter the length of the road I must walk.  I don't care how hard the journey.  I know my God will come for me!  Shall I cave in to discouragement?  Will I quit?  NO!  For I am convinced that in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  Neither death nor life, no angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  I will not lose heart.  My light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for me a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.  Yes, the Lord will bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise His name! (adapted from Romans 8:38-39; 2 Cor 4:6-18 - Spiritual Warfare bible study)

Faith is the attitude that "I TRUST GOD NO MATTER WHAT, NO MATTER HOW LONG!"

Enough said - Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment