Saturday, February 11, 2012

Levi - the teacher

To say that we are busy is definitely an understatement - I barely spend any time at home between the two jobs and church seems as if I am only here to shower and sleep and make the list of things to do for the next day!

Levi is teaching me new things each day and I hate to say it but it was brought about because I know that my days with him are very limited. The past few mornings I have made it a point to snuggle with him and Lil Ben and Annabelle - play ball with him - check on him several times during the night...I now seem to be paying close attention to where he is at all times. Drinking it all in like an addict - loving him unconditionally similar to the way he loves us.

His poor little body is failing him and yet all he wants to do is please us, love us and enjoy us....WOW - I cant say the same thing about me when I feel terrible all I want is to feel better - forget about others just make me feel better.

A true picture of love - one of the few pictures here on earth that we see of unconditional love - I pray that you have found that kind of love with our Lord - He died for us - He knows the number of hairs on our head - He knew us when we were still in the womb - He loves us unconditional - He is faithful to forgive us and His grace and mercy is beyond measure and He blessed me with Levi - a little dog that has taught a busy middle aged woman how to appreciate the little things again!

Thank You Lord for blessing me with Levi and for the lessons I am learning from my time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment